Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tired Of Ranch Dressing Dipping Sauce?

Don't get me wrong there are foods out there I could not live without my Hidden Valley Ranch package mix. I will admit however I get tired of seeing the same old veggie dips and some are way to salty for my liking. My girlfriend Tracie (co creator of The Brie Cheese Cake) showed me her Ricotta veggie dip and of course I added to that :) I love ricotta but sometimes it is a little to grainy for me almost like hummus. So this is what I came up with, I simply call it:


Ricotta Veggie Dip

1/2 Jar of Piquillo Peppers**
15 oz of Ricotta
1/2 Cup of Cottage Cheese
1/2 Serrano (seeds and vain removed)


Pour in a bowl and arrange those veggies.......leave out the Serrano if you have little ones who can't take the heat. When I don't have any chili's in my home I use House of Tsang "Mongolian Fire Oil" I love this oil on hummus with chopped sweet red pepper too!

** you can freeze the unused part of your piquillo peppers

No comments: