Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sausage Pizza Bites?...............No Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms

I made these one day on a whim and I could believe how they reminded me of sausage pizza bites.
I love olives and mushrooms, so I had some Greek olive tapenade in my fridge and huge white mushrooms, put them together add a little Gouda and voila'


So you don't want to cook but you want a hot healthy snack.......this is better then those frozen pizza bites! Will take you 5 min to whip together and 15 min to cook.


Stuffed Mushrooms

8-12 Giant White Mushrooms
8-12 tsp of Olive Tapenade**
1/2 Cup of Gouda
1 Tbsp of EVOO

Most giant mushrooms are pretty clean already but if you picked them out of a bulk bin you will want to wash them. Pull out the stems from the mushrooms, place on a shallow pan or cookie sheet that you have oiled. Fill each mushroom with a tsp of tapenade and cover with cheese (you can either shred or slice the cheese). Bake at 325 for about 10 min then add about 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cook till the mushroom is soft. These will keep and can be microwaved, of course they are best right out of the oven.

I promise,

Ms. Foodie

No comments: