Sunday, August 30, 2009

Salmon Cakes Lastnight...Tonight Seafood Enchiladas

I love enchiladas because they are so versatile, beef, pork, seafood and vegetarian. That is one thing I believe I do well, being versatile in my cooking. I believe that is why I love cooking foods I can change 100 ways. Who knew that my new creation of salmon cakes would morph into salmon enchiladas. I have never used fish in my enchiladas other then shellfish but these were so easy and yummy, I wanted to share them with you. You are using the Salmon Cake mix leftovers before you cooked it because if you cooked the cakes I'm sure there were no leftovers :)


Salmon Enchiladas
2 Cups of Salmon mix**
3/4 Cup of Sour Cream or Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 Cup of grated Mozzarella
1/2 Cup of Chili Verde Sauce**
2 Flour Tortillas

Preheat Oven 400

In a bowl mix together salmon mix and sour cream.
Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish and lay down one flour tortilla add your salmon mixture, top with cheese, roll and make sure seam side is down. Repeat 1-3 times :)
Now spoon on your Verde sauce, top with more cheese and bake for 20 minutes.



Topping:
I like to mix Chili Verde sauce with plain regular yogurt

**Salmon Cakes recipe
**For this recipe I use Chili Vere in a can
makes:
4 little enchiladas or 2 big "burrito" enchiladas (my favorite)

No comments: