Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Not A Mojito....It's Not A Margrita...What Is It?

It's no secret that I love mojitos and margaritas but what do you do if you are missing ingredients?
I have found more times then not that missing ingredients for a recipe, has forced me to come up with new recipes and some are so good you just have to spread the word. Of course there are also those times when you must get in your car and go to the store too. I think once upon a time I really did want to be a bartender but now I'd rater be a foodie who sometimes comes up with new drinks. I love that major food stores are carrying these baby grapes because the only other place I ever got to pick them up at was my friend Barbra's backyard. Again Thank you Costco and Trader Joes.

Champagne Grape Fizz
"Come up with a better name and I will give you the credit"

1/4 Cup of Champagne Grapes**
1/2 juice of one Lime
3/4 Tbsp of Blue Agave Nectar
2 oz of Gold Tequila
Fizzy water or club soda (plain or lime)
Ice chips, crushed or cubed

Serves 1

Get a pint glass rinse grapes and slide your fingers down the grapevine over the glass.
Pour in agave, lime juice and muddle aka smash with a wooden spoon or pestle. Throw in some ice, pour tequila over that, muddle a little bit more and top off with soda water. It does look odd but taste great and refreshing.

**now found in Costco and Trader Joes


It reminds me of Asian "Bubble Tea"

Tips:
If you like straws you need the really big one like from bubble tea or "Jack in the Box"

No comments: