Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Great Breakfast Can Be Faster Then You Think

I never have been the kind of girl that liked to eat in my car, on the go or worse have a shake for lunch??! Yuk! I'm sorry that just sounds wrong.
I understand that many people need to get up, eat and go. I also understand the importance of a good breakfast. I will show you how to make a egg sandwich that is faster then a take out line and better for the pocket book. Either on a croissant, english muffin or sourdough toast. I love mine on croissant and if you do use a english muffin only use one egg and one sausage.

Fast Breakfast Sandwich

1 Croissant cut lengthwise like a sandwich**
2 eggs
2 breakfast sausage (or one depending on if you like patty's)
2 tsp of evoo

Cut your croissant in half, pop in the toaster.
Drizzle your oil in a large fry pan
drop your sausage in a hot pan, cook for 1-2 mins
Crack your eggs in the same pan or pour in if you like them completely scrambled. (I like to crack mine in a pan, break the yolks and flip a few times.) Your sausages should be cooked fully by the time your eggs are done. Cut in half lengthwise to finish them faster if not or to cover your whole sandwich. Your toaster has been keeping your bread warm for you to fill it up and go! You can also cut up in little slices and mix with the egg. No matter how you do it, it will take you less then 10 minutes. Skip the cheese with the croissant you will not miss it I promise!
Know what you are feeding your family in the morning.

Thank you for reading,
Ms. Foodie

No comments: