Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cool Down With Wayne's Necterine Ice Cream

My girlfriend Nan gave me her beloved Ice Cream to share with the world! She told me that she used to make this for her Darling Wayne on every 4th of July but Wayne passed away a few years back.
So I was honored when Miss Nan said not only could I have a copy but I could share it.

To Wayne's memory living on....



Wayne's Homemade Nectarine Ice Cream

3 Cups of pitted, sliced, unpeeled nectarines
4 Eggs
2-3 Cups of sugar (depending on the sweetness of the fruit or if your using frozen)
1/3 Cup of Corn Syrup
3 Cups of Half & Half
3 cups of Heavy Cream
1 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Whole Vanilla Bean Scraped
1/2 Tsp of Salt

Make sure you freeze your ice cream cylinder over night

In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs, gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy and light in color.
Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Pour into cylinder and chill for about an hour or so, pull out and turn on machine
Pour into gallon freezer containers and enjoy!!

Nan

No comments: