Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer Recipes From Other Great Foodies

I love that other people have the same idea with pork as I do, Hugh used Nectarines as his different twist. Here are two recipes that I have tried by Hugh Gorman, I'm sure you will love these as much as I did.


Ginger Peach Martinis

4 oz of vodka
1 oz of peach nectar
1 oz ginger syrup**
peach slices to use as a floating garnish
and super fine sugar for the rim


Take sugar and make a circle, I like to use tea cup plates
Then wet the rims of 2 martini glasses, with a wedge of lemon, lime, peach, nectar or even water
Then mix in a shaker Vodka, Nectar, Syrup & pour over ice....shake till chilled & pour
Float your peach & serve (2)

** How to make ginger syrup, it's just like making infused simple syrup
I'm not into super sweet drinks but I do like them sweet. Simple syrup is 50/50
water, sugar & stir till the sugars gone, that's it. How I make my simple syrups is 2/3 cup sugar and 1 cup water
it is still a lot of sugar but there is a difference. I also like to use raw sugar in place of white. How you infuse it, add ginger slices, simmer in a pot for 20 min.
Strain and always keep it in your fridge for up to 4 days.




Grilled Pork Chops
with Nectarine Avocado Salsa


1 med avocado, diced
1 nectarine, diced
1/4 purple onion
1/3 bunch of cilantro leaves**
1/2 Jalapeno, chopped super fine
juice 1-2 limes and mix all ingredients together

Take some thick cut pork chops, I like these without the bone
season with S-n-P and a drizzle of EVOO. Grill to your taste, I love my pork with just the slightest color of pink to it, as long as my juice is mostly clear but I would not grill it more then 4 min. on each side because you'll have dry chops.

Plate up and top with salsa yummmmy!

** Cilantro Leaves are also known as Coriander Leaves

No comments: