Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Macadamia Coconut ~ Creme Brulee French Toast

For The Month Of ~ August ~

I have decided to start sharing my recipes of the month. I find some dishes such a pancakes, waffles, Eggs Benedict, omelets & french toast are requested a lot in my house...even by me. I never want anyone to get tired of the same old recipe, so I always kick it up another notch or turn it around.
This is my recipe for "Creme Brulee French Toast" during the month of August I call it:


Macadamia Coconut Brulee French Toast


1 Stick of unsalted butter
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
6-8 slices of hala bread (Jewish Bread)
6 eggs
1 can of coconut milk (any kind but if you want a strong coconut taste use the full fat one)
1 cup milk (any kind, this is where you could go fat free of course your still going to have to run 20 miles to burn these calories)
1/2 scraped real Vanilla bean (place scraped bean in sugar and use as vanilla sugar)
1 cup of chopped Macadamia nuts (save 1/3 for topping)

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar and syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Arrange in the baking dish in a single layer. I like the crust because it gets chewy as long as it is covered in egg mixture.

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk & milk.
Then add Vanilla bean seeds & Macadamia Pour over the bread.

Cover, and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned.

*Please Remember* Before cooking:
• Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature.

I like to make a topping for this recipe:
Chopped macadamia nuts & shredded coconut;
toast it in a pan, both of these have so much natural oil you Do Not need to add any more.
Serve and Sprinkle on top.

That my friends is my recipe for August, yes I do have one for every month and some extras.

Keep reading and thank you for your support,

Ms. Foodie

No comments: