Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pizza On A Flour Tortilla

I feel like I'm having pizza week, long days and pay check to pay check makes for clever ideas. I had a friend who used to make me "Mexican Pizza's" and I loved them. So one day I was thinking taco bell used to make some kind of pizza between two flour tortillas, that reminded me of my friends pizza. I decided to take that a step further and just make any kind of pizza on a flour tortilla.


Mushroom Feta Pizza With Garlic Oil
2 Flour Tortillas
3 Tbsp of EVOO
3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic (minced)
1 Cup of Medley Mushrooms (shitaki, cremini, oyster)**
2 Handfuls of Baby Heirloom Tomato's (yellow and orange grape tomatoes)
3/4 Cup of Kale**
1/2 Cup of Feta
1/3 Cup of Fresh Mozzarella


Set your oven to 550 with pizza stone in the oven, if you don't have a pizza stone make one (see my other homemade pizza to learn more).

You can do these on foil...but pizza stones really are worth their weight in gold especially if you pay under $5 :)


Lightly drizzle evoo (extra virgin olive oil) on the backs of tortillas, lay them down on foil and drizzle about 1 Tbsp of evoo on tortilla, sprinkle garlic, mushrooms, cheeses, tomato halved & kale. (this is half of the toppings)

Repeat....with the other half of toppings :)

Takes 10 min to crisp so watch it close.

** I really love my dried mushrooms I get from Costco for $16 they do last me a few months and I always use them but fresh would also be good.

I will share many more pizzas so watch for them...
Ms. Foodie

No comments: