Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Margarita's With A Twist

Who doesn't love a margarita on a summer's night? I have a friend Sherri who told me about this fun recipe and it really is good. I admit I had my doubt because I thought about the beer I love to drink, heffs, porter, stout eewww but cheap tasteless beer or even light tasting beer like Corona now that could be good.


This will make 4 Margaritas

Lime Margarita

1 Frozen can of limeade
4 Limes
8 oz of Tequila
1 Can of cheap beer (Hamms or Natural Ice)
Ice to fill glasses

You can blend this in a blender but I'm the on the rocks kinda gal...

Cut limes in half, wipe juice around rim and dip in salt if you wish, kosher salt is pretty or sea salt. Then fill each glass with 1/4 of frozen limeade, squeeze the juice of one lime, add 2 oz of tequila over ice, mix well, then top with more ice ad fill to the top with beer, mix a little and party on!
I have tried other beers but the 2 I listed are the best and I love Cosco's German Lager, it ads a new dimension of flavor and a pretty orange hue like a Cadillac Margarita.

No comments: