Monday, August 17, 2009

Save The Summer With Blueberry Ice Cream

So I loved Nan's Ice Cream so much I tried it with blueberry's instead. Can you say yummy? Pair it up with some lemon pound cake...oh my. I also found these blueberry muffins with strudel and lemon icing on them. Thanks Costco how did you know I wanted something to go with my ice cream!


Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream

2 Cups of frozen blueberry's (you could also use fresh)
4 Eggs
2 Cups of sugar
1/3 Cup of Corn Syrup
3 Cups of milk (I used 2%)
3 cups of Heavy Cream
1 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
1/2 Tsp of Salt

Make sure you freeze your ice cream cylinder over night

In a large bowl, beat eggs, gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy and light in color. I whipped mine with an electric mixer until it looked like soft meringue
Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Pour into cylinder and chill for about an hour or so, pull out and turn on machine
Pour into gallon freezer containers and enjoy!!

I love this base for ice cream it freezes well and taste amazing, with ingredients you can pronounce.

No comments: