Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Wonderful World Of Rice

Last year when I was in garage sale mode, my mother in law brought me over things to sale from the grandmas garage. It truly is scary how much stuff one can gather through the years. I already have my favorite slow cooker so I put grandmas out to sale. My boyfriend Matt came home and I told him no one wanted this old fashion slow cooker, should we just donate it. He laughed at me and told me it was an old rice cooker, I said "wow I've always wanted one of those!" We closed up the garage sale I got back to cooking, if you like rice but don't have a rice cooker GET ONE, they are amazing!!

Coconut Rice
1 Cup of Jasmin rice
1/2 Can of coconut milk
3/4 Cup of water
2 Cardamom pods
1 tsp of Cinnamon
1 tsp of salt
1 Tbsp of lime juice
1/4 cup of toasted coconut

Toss everything in rice cooker except toasted coconut
press the button and walk away until done :)
Pick out the cardamom pods and throw away/compost

Serve as a side dish with chicken or shrimp and top with toasted coconut. Grilled pineapple goes great with this also!

No comments: