Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sweet Tooth Gone Wild!!!

I do have a sweet tooth but as I'm getting older I also love the salty crunchy too. I will admit that there are those times where I am OBSESSED with sugar and nothing but sticky sweet can fix that craving.
I love playing with won ton wrappers as you know from my other blog post but egg roll wrappers are just as fun and you can really stuff them full. I will admit that most of the foods I make with these wrappers are mostly fried but you can bake them also. One of my favorite quick, easy and delicious sweet treats are my fried jet-puffs, I've never tried baking them...nor would I for this recipe.

Fried Jet-Puffs
6 egg roll wrappers
1 Cup of miniature marshmallows
6 Tbsp of Nutella
3 Cups of oil or lard to fry in
Take your wrapper and turn it like a baseball diamond (instructions should also be on the back of your wrapper package). Place a dollop of Nutella down and apx 10 marshmallows, fold corner up and sides in, roll once up and wet with water the top of the triangle that is showing. Roll all the way up and lay on a plate that is covered with paper towels. When you are finished take them over, check the oil temp with a wooden spoon* or thermometer. Drop them in and wait till they start to turn golden brown on the back side, good luck flipping them because the marshmallow will start to puff out. Fun, delicious and great with ice cream!  yummmmy!

* dip the handle of your wooden spoon in the hot oil, if the oil is ready bubbles will come out like it is deep frying.

Ms. Foodie

PS.
If you don't have marsmellows a bit size of banana is also yummy, very sweet and of course a bit healthier haha for fried food.

No comments: