Sunday, September 6, 2009

Jack Danieles ~ Creme Brulee French Toast

For The Month Of ~ September ~

One month has come and gone from the last time I blogged about my creme brulee french toast. This is the french toast you make your guys, men love this! I like this one too but I have about 6 other favorites, competing...So I decided to let the guys have this one. Many of these brulee french toast are sweet but I find the ones with alcohol are even sweeter, so I have learned to cut back on the sugar. This french toast is also one crowd pleasing dessert.
This is my recipe for "Creme Brulee French Toast" during the month of September I call it:


Jack Danieles Brulee French Toast


1 Stick of unsalted butter
1 Cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoon corn syrup
8 Croissants cut in half
6 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 Cup of half & half
1/2 Cup of Jack Danieles

1 Whole scraped real Vanilla bean I like Madagascar beans for this recipe

1 cup of chopped Walnuts nuts

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar and syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved, hot and bubbly. Next add your walnuts to this mixture and pour into a 9x13 inch greased baking dish.

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs,  milk, half & half.
Then add Vanilla bean seeds & JD. 


On top of the sugar mix, arrange tops of croissant (cut side up) in the baking dish, then pour a little less then half of your egg mixture to coat the inside of each croissant.  Place the bottoms of croissant (cut side down) on top of  that and pour rest of your egg mixture, to coat. You will be serving these right side up with walnut sugar mixture all over the top.





Cover, and chill at least 2-3 hours, I don't find I need to refrigerate all night.
 Depending on how cold your fridge is you might want to pull your baking dish out of the fridge while your preheating the oven.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned.
**place your scraped bean in sugar and use as vanilla sugar.

No comments: