Thursday, August 26, 2010

Where Have I Been?

I have been on a quest to start my online business of sweets for the humans & treats for the pups!

I do however have a quick and simple recipe to chill you out for these last few days and years to come. My favorite ....what else soup!

I'm no really into chilled soup but this was so great I really did lick the bowl!


Chilled Apple Soup

4 Apples I used pink lady & golden delicious
6 oz white wine love the pinot grigio
2 oz Apple juice (please use 100% real juice)
8 oz of Sugar I used raw
1 cinnamon stick
1 slice of fresh ginger (you can skip but I love it!)

add this all to a pot & simmer till soft, the pull out the ginger & cinn stick.
run through a food mill or blender to pruree'
blend in:
2 oz of Sour Cream or Creme Fresh
2 oz of heavy whipping cream (do not cut the fat!)

YUMMMMY!
you can garnish with:
fresh mint
nutmeg
star anis
5 spice
cinnamon
or a dollop of whipped cream or creme fresh

No comments: